Saturday, 9 October 2010

nails!

So last night I painted my nails.
I read Lily's most recent post and her nails looked so good I wanted to try it out for myself.
This is the first time I've done a pattern on my nails, it's usually just a block colour, so I wasn't expecting anything too amazing.
Like Lily, I used Gem Fatale's tutorial, except I had no liquid eyeliner, but managed to find a black nail art bottle instead.
Here's what I used:

L-R: Barry M 306 Blueberry Ice Cream, Barry M 307 Lemon Ice Cream, Touch of Class Nail Tip Colour,
Rio Black Nail Art Pen & Brush, Touch of Class Clear Nail Colour

The Touch of Class varnishes were bought in a pack with a nude-ish colour for 99p as a French manicure set. I really only bought it for the top coat, which is actually not bad for 99p. I didn't intend to use the white colour but I couldn't decide on a good leopard spot colour so I just went with white.
It turned out better last night than it did this morning, I think there were too many layers and it's gone a little bubbly. I took one twitpic on my phone last night which you can see here.
I took the photos this morning though, so they don't look as great as I hoped they would.
But for a first try, I'm really happy with them. Surprisingly I'm happier with my right hand, which I thought would be awful since I'm not good at painting with my left hand.
But anyway, here are the pictures:

So that's the nails, I'm happy with them :) I think I'll definitely be trying this again!
p.s it's really difficult to take pictures of my right hand!

1 comment:

  1. Your nails look awesome! I wish I had the resources and patience to give it a go :) I've always wanted little strawberries or spots - I might give it a go sometime now I've been reminded.

    And well done on your right hand - I agree it looks super! Go you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

leave me a message :)