Tuesday, 15 February 2011

necklaces

I've been wanting to find a decent way to store my necklaces for a while. I've had a couple of those stands that are shaped like lady's bodies with hooks instead of a head (no idea what they're called!) but I've never found them to be any good. My necklaces are either too long so they go into a pile at the bottom, or they're too heavy and they make the stands fall over. But now I have a solution!

For Christmas I asked for this set of hooks and I got it :D I've waited until now to show it because it's only recently been screwed into the wall, but now it's there and it holds all my necklaces, although it is a bit cramped, as you can see:



I'm not sure whether I should buy another (although I'm not sure I have room for another) or look for some other form of storage, maybe for the ones I don't wear so much?

I thought I'd show my most worn necklaces in more detail. Most of them are more 'delicate' ones, since I tend to wear necklaces for days at a time, so I'd look a bit silly wearing the same 'statement' necklace all week.


necklaces 011

Hook 1: 'Love' - came from a 99p shop! It's actually not too bad considering that. They had quite a few different words and matching rings, but I lost my ring :(

Hook 2: Tree - Came from Scope (the charity shop), it was part of their own jewellery range rather than being second hand, it was probably only £1 or so. I've had this for years and it's looking a little worse for wear now but I still really love it, it's so different to anything I usually see.

Hook 3: 'Hottie' - I bought this as a joke, was £1 in the sale in New Look. I only ever wear it with the necklace next to it; sausage dog, hot dog, get it?! :D

Hook 4: Dotty Daschund - this was a birthday gift from my boyfriend, I dropped plenty of hints ^_^

Hook 5/6: True Love Locket - also a gift from my boyfriend, for our anniversary. The locket opens up too :3

Hook 7: Plop - birthday gift from a friend. I'm really into owls :)


Hook 8: Diamanté Panda - from Forever 21 in the US. Was something like $5. Really like this, can be an awkward length but I love it all the same (of course I would, it's an animal!)

Hook 9: Cutout Deer - also US Forever 21, probably same price. Need to find more things that look good with this! I think it works best with plain, darker things.

Hook 10: Fish - Forever 21 again, think this was $2.80. I think this is so awesome, the parts are all sort of detached so the fish wiggles :D

Hook 11: Love Pearls - from Primark, probably about £2. Haven't worn this as much recently but when I bought it I wore it all the time. This was actually in my first shopping haul.

Hook 12: Bow with pearl - Primark again, probably £1.50 ish. This is the easiest to wear as it's small and doesn't draw too much attention, so I find it's good to wear with busier clothes, as I always feel naked if I don't have some form of necklace on.

So that was all my necklaces, with detail on my most worn ones. I hope you liked, I'm thinking of doing one about my rings too, and possibly bracelets, what do you think?

What are your favourite necklaces to wear?

4 comments:

  1. Wow you have such a huge collection of necklaces, i'm slightly jealous! I would love a necklace holder as for the few i do have they are always getting tangled up lying about my dresser! i'm really into oversized statement necklaces at the moment xx :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. just wanted to apologise for writing the wrong name! :O
    i didn't even realise, i'm just so used to writing my own name haha

    hope you're enjoying your nail polish you won too! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, just came across your blog and didn't know people could own so many necklaces haha I don't wear necklaces that much actually..I'm more of a ring person :)

    Please visit my blog and let me know what you think as it's still quite new and would appreciate the support!

    xo

    http://beautyjusticehappiness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want this collection!! x

    ReplyDelete

leave me a message :)