Monday, 23 May 2011

accessorize bargain!

Today I want to share with you what I believe to be a complete bargain!

I know Accessorize makeup has been around for a while now so there may have already been plenty of posts about this but I wanted to talk about what I bought, which was a trio of eyeshadows.


I think the packaging is really pretty without being too over the top with bright colours and patterns.


L-R: Truffle, Sage, Soft Pink

I think these are really lovely shades which I can't wait to try out! I've swatched them (see below) but am yet to try them out on my eyes and am really looking forward to doing so.


Truffle is a dark silvery brown colour with a bit of purple in it too. I thought taupe might be a good word to describe it but I've since googled taupe and it looks like this isn't brown enough really. It's still a lovely shade though, perfect for a smokey eye.


Sage is a deep olive green colour. I'm thinking this will look good with my eye colour (greeny blue) and help my eyes to stand out.


Soft pink is a really gorgeous baby pink colour which, if nothing else, will be great as a highlight colour. I don't usually like pinks for anywhere other than the lips but I think this colour is really beautiful.


Swatches! I think this photo shows the shadows more as their true colour, and I think this shows what I meant about Soft Pink being a good highlight colour. These shadows all have a really pretty shimmer to them, and are all super soft and velvety, as well as being really well pigmented, especially Truffle.

I know I said I hadn't tried these on my eyes yet but I tried out Sage while I was typing this and I'm really impressed. It glides on so smoothly with pretty much no fallout at all, which was a pleasant surprise.

And now for the amazing part. The cost of this trio was.... £1.99! I know, I thought it must be a mistake too, but I've since found it online too, here! I intend to buy the other set too as I wasn't sure which of the two to get. What's so brilliant about this price (aside from the quality of the shadows) is that each one retails individually at £4.00! See here: 1 2 3. So even if you only like the look of one of these, it's still 50% cheaper to buy the set, and then you have 2 other eyeshadows to play around with.

Overally I'm incredibly impressed with these shadows. I definitely intend to buy the second set and am now very interesting in looking more into the rest of the Accessorize makeup range. I really recommend this set!

Have any of you tried the Accessorize makeup? What did you think?

4 comments:

  1. Wow what a bargain, really love these. The packaging is gorgeous as well, so girlie without being over the top xx :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some lovely colours, at such a nice price! Well done on the bargain score :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still need to try out this range, definatly will now :-)
    & thanks for your BarryM tip! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree lizzie, the packaging is really appealing i think :)
    thanks charlotte! :)
    no problem jen, i hope you like it if you do buy anything :)

    ReplyDelete

leave me a message :)