Monday, 16 May 2011

chicken nails!

I was browsing tumblr and found this picture on the fuckyeahnailart tumblr which I love for inspiration. I know it's a bit of an Easter look but I figured it also goes with Spring which I think we're definitely in now :) So I thought it wouldn't look too out of place.

chicken 002

I definitely didn't achieve the same look as the original, especially on the little finger (by the way, look at the improved condition of my little finger compared to my previous nail posts! I'm getting there, slowly :D), but I'm happy with it. Annoyingly I chipped my thumb nail (you may be able to see where I've touched it up) which was my favourite nail :(

Here is what I used:


Yellow: Barry M Lemon Ice Cream
White: 'Touch of Class' Nail Tip Colour (came in a 99p french manicure set!)
Red: Nails Inc for Diet Coke Milan
Brown: Barry M Mushroom
Black/Grey: W7 Pewter
I do have a set of 5 of these dotting tools but I always seem to go for the same one!

I really struggle to choose a plain nail colour, I much prefer having some sort of design. Even if it's a bit silly like this one is, I just really like looking at my nails when they've got a design on them :)

What do you guys think?

4 comments:

  1. Awwwww this is sooooo cute! Who cares if it's an Easter look, it's super original (=

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this laura! Mega cool! Your very clever, i'm such a bore when i havent got the time! Need to make more time for some crazy nail art, I have so many ideas but just no time! xx :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww wow these are so sweet! I always forget about my nails, you've made me want to lavishly decorate mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks guys :) i was mega proud of these ones!

    ReplyDelete

leave me a message :)