Monday, 11 July 2011

nyx haul

I was at my 'local' outlet village and noticed that the beauty store All Wellan Good had a ton of NYX makeup! I know NYX is popular in the US but I've never seen it in there before so I jumped at the chance and the prices were amazing!

Here's what I got:


This bronzer retails for around £15 but it was only £4 something! It's my first bronzing product so I'm glad I got it so cheap, and so far I'm really liking it. This is shade 2, which I'm guessing is medium (they had no 1's which I'd usually buy). I think the design of this is so awesome!

This blusher is in the shade Terracotta. I really liked the look of the cream blushers but they all seemed so bright when swatched. I'm not quite used to having pink cheeks yet so this is a nice colour without being too blusher-y if that makes sense! This cost around £2 I think.

This lipstick isn't as dark as it looks in this photo (see the swatches below). The shade is called Rea and it's a nice nude -not my perfect nude but it's a pretty colour. I can only really wear this with other face makeup though, otherwise it washes me out a bit.

nyx eyeshadow volcano
nyx eyeshadow red bean pie
These eyeshadows are in the shades Volcano (the bronze) and Red Bean Pie (the purple). They cost only £1.50 each, such a bargain! I really like these colours so far :)

nyx jumbo eyeshadow pencil bronze
This is a Jumbo Eye Pencil in Bronze. I'm not 100% sold on the shade yet, it's slightly orangey, but I do really like the product itself and would definitely look at other shades next time.

nyx kabuki brush
This kabuki brush cost me about £4. If I'm to believe the retail price on the website, that was a total bargain! I like it so far, I'm just getting used to how to use it as it's a lot denser than my current powder brush.

Swatch time! :)

Two photos with slightly different lighting so hopefully you can see the shades as their true colours.

nyx cosmetics
nyx makeup
Top: Jumbo Pencil in Bronze, the ship section of the bronzer.
Bottom: Lipstick in Rea, Blusher in Terracotta, Eyeshadows in Volcano and Red Bean Pie, darker section of the bronzer.

nyx lipstick rea
And the lipstick on my lips. As you can see it's a brown toned nude which I'll have to get used to but I am really liking it so far :)

So overall I'm really happy with what I got, I saved a lot of money and got some great bargains which is what I always try to do!

Have you bought/used any NYX products before? What did you think?

4 comments:

  1. The bronzer looks really good; I love the design on it! You got such good bargains too considering how much they retail for. I don't have any similar kind of CCOs or outlets selling beauty products, so unfair! I'll have to stick to websites like cheapsmells.com etc! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an awesome nude lippy! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. jade - i know, that's what drew me to it! when i said 'local' mine is about an hour away but it's a nice day out :) x

    sarah - thanks :) i think it looks better in person! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both eyeshadows and the bronzer look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

leave me a message :)