Thursday, 4 August 2011

natural collection lipsticks

So I've been getting quite a collection of Natural Collection lipsticks - I actually have another (Coral Shimmer) but I can't find it :( - so I thought I'd do a post on them!

lipsticks
L-R: Sand Castle, Rose Petal, Pink Mallow, Sweet Pea, Fig Leaf

lipsticks
Swatches with flash
lipsticks
Swatches without flash
L-R: As before

sand castle
This is Sand Castle. It's the only one I have which is called 'Sheer Natural' so it's a sheerer (is that a word?!) colour than the rest. It has a bit of shimmer in it too but because of the sheerness it's not too much.

rose petal
Rose Petal and the rest are 'Moisture Shine' lipsticks which are more pigmented and also really soft on the lips. This shade is a peachy nude which I would say is one of, if not my absolute favourite of the bunch.

pink mallow
Pink Mallow is a brighter baby pink that reminds me of a muted down version of MAC's Pink Friday lipstick which I also love. To be honest the colours haven't been picked up as well as I'd hoped on camera. This is a vibrant pink without being over the top.

sweet pea
I think Sweet Pea is more of an evening lipstick purely because of the amount of shimmer it has. I think I'd be right in thinking this would be classed as a Frost lipstick if it was a MAC product? I do like it but I think it's my least favourite as it's probably the hardest to wear.

fig leaf
Fig Leaf is a brown toned nude, I'd say its a little pinker than NYX Rea which I also recently bought. It definitely looks nicer on the lips than it does in the tube.

Overall I really like these lipsticks and I definitely will be trying others. At £1.99 these are a total bargain and a really good option if you're just looking to try a new colour.

Have you tried anything from this range? What did you think?

2 comments:

  1. I have Pink Mallow and love it, too bad there are not available in Canada ):

    ReplyDelete
  2. gaby - that sucks! at least you have pink mallow to keep you going though :)

    ReplyDelete

leave me a message :)