Tuesday, 20 September 2011

purple

Hi guys! Hope you all had a good weekend :)

I wanted to post my nails today, but there were some outfit photos on my camera which matched so I decided to post about both! I wore the outfit at the weekend and painted my nails last night :)

nails

This look was done using all Barry M Nail Paints - (cuticle to tip) Berry Ice Cream, Bright Purple and Vivid Purple. I really want to try ombre nails but I need a couple more purple shades for that! This design really reminds me of those stripy ice lollies but I'm not sure why as it's not really the same idea. I still really like it though :)

nails
Had to include this picture because I love how it shows the shimmer of the Vivid Purple :D

outfit

Top /Cardigan: H&M
Belt: Primark
Jeans (just seen): Peacocks
Necklaces: Accessorize (short), Matalan (long)

And this finishes off the purple theme! Not a very exciting outfit really, but I enjoyed wearing it at the time. I've not really had any jeans for a while now and I got a new pair from Peacocks so was just enjoying wearing jeans for the first time in a while :)

There are two sets of clashes (is that the way to word it?!) in this: I wanted to wear both necklaces but at first thought I couldn't because of them being both gold and silver, but when I tried it I actually really liked how they looked :) The other is the bright coral/orange belt poking out, this is obviously quite a purple outfit so I liked how the belt stood out :)

eye makeup

A not-so-awesome picture of my eye makeup. This was actually recreated as I wasn't able to take pictures the first time I wore it, and I do think it looked better then. This look was done with predominantly the dark brown colour next to the black (see this post for reference) in the Sleek Storm palette. There is a tiny bit of the black and the bottom left colour in the outser section but it is mainly just layering up the dark brown to get this look. I thought it looked a lot better in person, I was proud of the crease work :D You can see in the outfit picture that I have the brown under my eye too.

So that was my purple post! I hope you all liked :) Let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. I NEED to try that nail combo!!! So creative...and of course divine purples :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw thank you :) i can tell by your name why you liked it! :D

    ReplyDelete

leave me a message :)