Thursday, 10 November 2011

cake time!

Hi everyone! 

Bit of a different post today. It was my boyfriend's birthday on Tuesday and (amongst other things) I baked his birthday cake.

I saw Jennie's post here back in September and actually commented at the time saying I would be making it, and I did :)

I'm only going to post the interesting pictures, not of the mixing etc - for one I think Jennie's post shows it all, but also this isn't a recipe post. All of that credit goes to Jennie, I'm just showing you how mine turned out (which if I do say so myself, is pretty awesome!) 

So, on with the photos! I took every photo with and without flash but decided flash made the colour slook so much more bright and exciting - not that they weren't anyway!)

cake
All the coloured cake mix ready to be used. This part was so fun, watching the mix getting brighter and brighter :)

cake
The cakes ready to go into the oven

cake
The (almost) finished cake

cake
The inside :D I'm so impressed with how it came out, it's better than I was expecting! I was planning to make him cookies anyway, so I put two over the mouth.

443786127
Instagrammed up :)

I intended to basically copy how Jennie's looked, but the colour gave me inspiration. A quick Google search gave me the basic idea for what I was going to do (the second picture mainly).

Like I said, I haven't included photos of the full process, Jennie's post covers all of that - and while you're there, check out her blog if you haven't already, I love it :)

For anyone wondering, this is the gel colouring set I bought.

So, what do you guys think? I'm so proud :D

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE it! LOVE it sooo much! Im totally impressed! Definately going to be making one of these epic cakes soon xx :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks guys :) let me know how you get on lizzie! x

    ReplyDelete

leave me a message :)