Sunday, 26 February 2012

graduated glitter nails

Hi everyone!

Another nail post for you today, it's been a while! I was inspired to do this by Louise from Sprinkle of Glitter (see her post here and video here) and I am sure I'm not the only one!

I've always been a fan of the contrasting accent nail so did that, and I couldn't decide which colour would be my main colour, so I did both!

graduated glitter nailsgraduated glitter nails

Polishes used are Berry Ice Cream from Barry M, unknown from Yes Love (seen here) and a silver glitter from Forever 21 (US).

I think I prefer the lilac as the main colour but I'm not sure if that's because I think I may be falling out of love with my long nails, but I don't think I can bring myself to chop them off - they took so long to grow!

mermaid nails

Also here's a bonus (terrible) picture of the results of a couple of nights earlier when I tried graduated glitter, failed, tried a sort of graduated colour, and sort of failed at that too. I do like it, it makes me think of mermaids and pretty sea things, but it just isn't very tidy and blended, so didn't last long.

Hope you liked! Have you tried the graduated glitter look? Show me how it turned out, I'd love some inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me a message :)