Monday, 27 February 2012

my everyday makeup

Hi everyone! 

everyday makeup

Today I'm going to post about the make-up I wear on an every day basis. I apologise about the lighting and how it differs in these pictures, I've been trying to wait for better lighting but I'd be waiting until summer!

everyday foundation

I use one of these two foundations. I always use the Revlon if it's a week day but alternate at the weekends, usually the NYX. I did a review of the NYX foundation here if you'd like to check it out! I also really like the Revlon Colorstay, I need great coverage which this gives, and also because I have oily skin I don't want anything that adds any sort of shine to my face, which this doesn't. I won't do a full review here as it's not that sort of post but am considering posting more about this foundation. The foundation brush I use is a MAC 189 but I am really interested in trying the 'buffing' style brushes.

concealer

I use the Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection concealer which I think is great! It's got brilliant concealer to touch up the places that the foundation doesn't quite cover. The only thing I would say if I had to is that it does seem to sink into lines under my eyes, but overall I'm a huge fan of this concealer and have repurchased it multiple times.

blusher

I am currently using a MAC blusher in Mocha for every day (at the weekends it varies). It's a fairly standard matte pink blusher which lasts forever! I do like this but I have to say that when it runs out I don't think I'll be repurchasing, I'll probably try something else, as I think it's slightly darker than the sort of blusher I'd normally go for. This photo makes it look a lot lighter than it is and more peachy, if it actually looked like this I would love it a lot more! I apply this with a double ended brush I got from Sephora.

powder

To set everything (and also tone the blusher down a little) I use Collection 2000 Pressed Powder in Ivory. This is a perfect colour for me, mattifies everything and is also something I've repurchased many times. So cheap too! I apply this with my NYX Kabuki brush.

eyeliner

For eyeliner I use the Collection 2000 Extreme Felt Tip liner which I have repurchased many times too. I find it dries a little quicker than I'd like and may look at other liners but aside from that it does everything I want it to so I don't mind the drying too much.

mascara

I very rarely wear mascara in the week but if I do it's either Diorshow or Bourjois Volume Glamour Ultra Care, and I never wear eyeshadow in the week. 

You can see most of these products (and others) in use in this post.

So thats everything I wear on my face on a daily basis! I change it up at the weekends but the base products are usually the same - they do the job just fine for me :)

Hope you liked!

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me a message :)