Monday, 2 July 2012

MUA lipstick - shade 16 nectar

Hi everyone!

I have a lipstick post for you today. This post is going to be about a lipstick from MUA which I believe is a new addition to their range - Shade 16 Nectar.

MUA Lipstick - Shade 16 Nectar
I bought this lipstick a few hours before I went on holiday to Spain. I thought it would be a good one to wear while I was away and probably forget about once I got back, because this is the first even slightly orange lipstick I've ever owned, and to be honest I was a little scared.

MUA Lipstick - Shade 16 Nectar

I tried to play around with the settings on this photo to get it colour accurate but it's still not quite right - its more orange and bright than this shows. It's more like the little bit of colour at the bottom as shown in the first photo I suppose.

MUA Lipstick - Shade 16 Nectar

I find this lipstick is slightly more coral than it's showing here, but as you can see it's an orangey peach shade. I wish it was this pigmented on my lips, I have to say! Not the most important thing, but this also smells really good!

MUA Lipstick - Shade 16 Nectar
MUA Lipstick - Shade 16 Nectar

As you can see, it's quite sheer on the lips - this took a couple of coats to get to. That being said, I was quite grateful of this because it meant I could ease myself into orangey lips without going straight to full on opaque bright orange.

I really like this, like I said I was worried I'd forget about it in the UK but actually I've worn it a couple of times and really enjoyed it! I have 3 MUA lipsticks now and this is the sheerest but I think it works for the colour. I definitely want to try more lipsticks from MUA and the price - £1! - means there's no reason not to!

Have you tried this, or any other MUA lipsticks? What do you think of it?

Hope you liked!

2 comments:

  1. Ive tried the MUA primer, powders and blush and i love them! im fussy with lipsticks but i think i'll give em a try now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love the blush i've got too and am really keen on trying the primer! the powders are a little dark for me because i'm so pale but everything else ive tried is great :D you should definitely try the lipsticks :) x

      Delete

leave me a message :)