Thursday, 19 July 2012

what i ate - spanish edition!

Hi everyone!

I know this isn't really a cooking blog, but I have done a few food posts in the past and I do love food - don't we all! The food in Spain was gorgeous - I was more adventurous than last year and enjoyed the food so much more, which is saying something as it was lovely last year too :) I ate fish pretty much every day in some way and I'm missing it now - it's just not the same over here!

Anyway, I thought I'd share a few of the photos I took of my food, so you can all be jealous :D

Where I can remember, I've named the place the food was from, we stayed in a town called Moraira, about halfway between Valencia and Alicante, about an hour or so away from Benidorm too. So if you're ever in that part of Spain, these are my recommendations :) 

Paella
Paella - of course! I think I had 3 or 4 paellas in total and I miss it now :(

Chinese
Chinese - not very Spanish I know but we went last year and it was so good we had to go back! We ate the starters too fast to take a photo but they were amazing :) This Chinese was called Golden Bay, if you are ever in the area - definitely try it out!

Spanish Omelette
Bryn's (my boyfriend) burger and chips. I had a Spanish omelette (they call it a tortilla) - it's basically omelette with lots of potato and onion in it - lovely, but only when done right I found :)

Satay Chicken
Bryn's Satay Chicken. This is from a restaurant called El Nido which we ate at I think 3 or 4 times - would totally recommend! Gorgeous food and a great atmosphere :)

Sea Bass
Sea bass, also at El Nido - beautiful! I think I had the exact same meal last year and it was just as good, if not better, this year!

Mojito
Mojito - my drink of choice in Spain, so yummy!

Baked Alaska
Baked Alaska - I have to admit we didn't eat much of this, there was too much for 2 people really, but doesn't it look impressive?!

Chicken Baguette
Spicy Chicken Baguette - this had chicken, red peppers and onions in sweet chilli sauce - so many of my favourite things, and it was gorgeous! Washed down with a lemon ice tea - yum!

Strawberry Mojito
Strawberry Mojito. I was curious to try this as I wasn't sure about strawberry and mint together, but it was delicious! They had all kinds of fruit mojitos and I wish I'd tried more!

Bottle
Awesome bottle my ice tea came in :)

Steak
Bryn's steak - the hot stone was sizzling basically the whole time he was eating - he had to wear a very fetching bib so he didn't get covered in grease :D I'm told it was lovely!

Salmon
Salmon in a tomato/herb sauce with potatoes - this was incredible! This was our last meal and I think it was very possibly my favourite of the holiday! Tasted amazing and I loved the way it was served. This and the above and below photos were from a restaurant called Tutti Frutti in Altea and I would highly recommend it. At basically every meal we had bread and ali oli (spelling? - garlic mayonnaise basically) which was lovely but on this night it was so much nicer! The bread rolls came still very warm in a cute little fabric bag type thing, and was the best bread ever :) Can you tell I loved this place?!


Truffles
Dessert - chocolate truffles. A little too sickly and I had to give 2 of them away, but they were so yummy!


So that's pretty much all for my Spanish food adventure. I ate some really delicious food, it was a bit depressing to be eating back in England! But I loved all of it :)


Have you ever been to Spain - what did you think of the food? What was your favourite dish?


Hope you enjoyed!

2 comments:

  1. I'm off to Spain in two weeks, so excited for the food haha.

    ReplyDelete

leave me a message :)