Saturday, 11 August 2012

liebster blog award

Hi everyone! 

Bit of a different post from me today but one I'm really happy to be writing :) I will admit now that my version of this post is going to be a little bit of a cop out because I'm not great at coming up with things, so I'm just going to answer the questions. I've also broken up all the text with photos of my cats so you can enjoy those if you can't be bothered to read! :D



I was tagged in the Liebster Blog Award by Emily from Just Miss Emily - see her post here. In this tag I need to come up with 11 facts about myself and then she came up with 11 questions for me, which I will now answer!

1. When did you start your blog?
I posted a couple of blogs in April of 2010 which weren't related to what my blog now is, but my first proper posts were in October of 2010.

2. Favourite make up brand?
This is a tough one really! I love different brands for different things - generally though I just love 'drugstore' brands. A few that spring to mind are Barry M, Collection and MUA. If I was including high end I would say MAC and Benefit.

3. Favourite make up item?
My Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - it covers all!

4. What is the best beauty bargain you have ever got?
Anything from MUA really, you can't go wrong with their prices!

5. What is the most expensive item of makeup/beauty product you have purchased yourself?
My DiorShow mascara.

6. What is your favourite item of clothing or jewellery that you own?
Any of my jewellery that has animals on it :D and basically everything I wear on my wrists from day to day - stay tuned for a post about that!

7. Do you apply concealer before or after foundation?
Before, and then after if I feel I need to. Interesting question actually, because I've always felt I'm doing the opposite to what everyone else does!

8. Do you have other hobbies apart from blogging?
I have recently joined the gym, if that counts?! I also love cooking. Aside from that, just generally spending time with fun people, doing fun things :)

9.  Where do you purchase your beauty products from?
'Drugstores' mainly - Boots and Superdrug.

10. What colour is your natural hair colour?
Brown, the colour in most of my photos. It was red for a while so there are some older photos where it's kind of in between, but it's back to totally natural now.

11. Would you ever turn your blog into your full time job, given the opportunity?
I would honestly absolutely love to! But I have no expectations that that will ever happen.

Rosie

And now for 11 facts about me (this was very hard to come up with!):

1. Despite putting photographs of myself on the internet, I'm pretty shy when it comes to meeting new people and I'm awful at making small talk.

2. I hate my voice (doesn't everyone?!) and that's part of the reason I'll never make videos.

3. When I was in school I played violin for a total of around 7 years.

4. Rewind to around 4 years ago and I didn't care about makeup or fashion at all. Now look at me!

5. Despite the above, I've worn eyeliner in some form constantly since I was at least 13 - 8 years ago!

6. If you couldn't tell from the photos, I'm 100% a cat person.

7. On a similar topic to the above, I've had lots of pets over the years. Our house has been a home to: 6 cats, 5 guinea pigs, 6 (I think!) gerbils, 2 rats, 2 mice, and one Roborovski hamster, as well as plenty of fish!

8. I feel a lot older than I am. I just turned 21 but my boyfriend is coming up for 27 and he makes me feel older, plus I didn't go to university so I feel like I went into 'adult' life a lot sooner than most.

9. I'm bad when it comes to haircare. I just use whatever products are around on it and I only bother to style it in any way if it's a special occasion.

10. I love most foods except English - Japanese (sushi!), Spanish and Mexican are some of my favourite, but I really don't like things like a normal English roast dinner. I love fish and chips though!

11. I love home décor. I'm planning to move out in around 2 years time but because I already own the house, I'm constantly picturing what I'll do to it :) Pinterest is a great help with this!

Gibby

So that's everything. A huge thank you to Emily for tagging me in this, I know my post was a bit of a cop out but I'm very grateful to have been tagged, it's just nice to know people think of your blog!

I tag everyone who wants to do this! Leave a link if you do it so I can have a read :)

Hope you liked!

1 comment:

  1. great post- I love DiorShow mascara! Oh and I hate my voice too, I sound ridiculous on videos, so cringe! :) x

    ReplyDelete

leave me a message :)