Wednesday, 8 August 2012

yankee candle by simply home - cherry vanilla

Hi everyone!

I have yet another candle post today, hope you're not too sick of them!

Simply Home Yankee Candle - Cherry Vanilla

Today's post is about a scent called Cherry Vanilla. This is from a brand called Simply Home but they seem to be a part of the Yankee Candle brand? I'm not 100% sure of the connection but the lids on the jars are the same as normal Yankee Candle ones and obviously the Yankee Candle name is on the front label too. These candles can be bought in B&Q (I'm sure other places too but that's where I've seen them) and are cheaper than the normal Yankee Candles.

Simply Home Yankee Candle - Cherry Vanilla

This scent combines my favourite types of smells - sweet and fruity. I think this candle does a really great job  of not being more of one than the other. I think cherry smells can often be a little sour (or maybe I just always associate them with cherry sweets!) but the vanilla really softens it. It reminds me of something but I can't put my finger on it, I almost want to say playdoh at some points, but then on the next whiff it's totally different. This candle seemed to be the most unpopular of the ones I got but I love it! I guess it's a bit of a love it or hate it one.

Simply Home Yankee Candle - Cherry Vanilla

The smell of this candle really lingers and fills the room which I love. This is also why I mentioned in a previous post that I wasn't 100% sold on the price tag of normal Yankee Candles, because this is cheaper but seems to be, in my opinion, just as good. However I know the main brand has such a huge variety of scents that appeal to everyone, whereas I noticed around 6 or so in the Simply Home range. So I would consider purchasing the main Yankee Candles again, but for scents that exist in the Simply Home range I would go with those instead.

Have you tried any of the Simply Home range? How do you think they compare?

Hope you liked!

2 comments:

  1. Yummy this looks LOVELY! I used to make my own soy candles and really miss it :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is lovely :D that sounds really interesting actually, but sounds like something i'd be awful at haha x

      Delete

leave me a message :)