Thursday, 2 August 2012

yankee candle - vanilla cupcake

Hi everyone!

I know I said I had a few birthday posts but the outfit pictures didn't really go to plan! There will be a post about what I got, but I did get 4 Yankee Candles and so thought I'd post about them - I know candles are big in blogging at the moment haha!

Yankee Candle - Vanilla Cupcake

I thought I'd start with my ultimate favourite! Vanilla Cupcake is the one candle I knew I definitely wanted. I'm a sucker for sweet scents, I would say my taste in smells isn't very mature! But I just love anything sweet, the sicklier the better :D

Yankee Candle - Vanilla Cupcake

This has definitely been described as sickly by people I know, but for me it's perfect. I can't put my finger on the added scent that makes it more than vanilla, so I'm going to assume it's cupcake! But to me it smells like more than a vanilla cake I think.

Yankee Candle - Vanilla Cupcake

This is my first Yankee Candle and I have to say I'm impressed. I know they're expensive and I was a little sceptical about whether they'd be worth it, which is why I waited to get one as a present. However it is true, the scent does fill the room, which I've never experienced before with any other candle. It maybe took a while, at first it was only when coming into the room, but then it grew into something I kept catching whiffs of every now and then, which was great. I can definitely see why people pay for these rather than cheaper candles - the range of  amazing scents is a big plus too! - but I'm not sure they're fully worth the £20ish for a large jar. I have more to say on why that is in future posts about these candles.

Yankee Candle - Vanilla Cupcake

Overall I love this candle - I actually got two of these by accident but after burning it I'm very glad I have a backup!

Are you a Yankee Candle fan? Which scents would you recommend?

Hope you liked!

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me a message :)