Wednesday, 1 May 2013

barry m - gelly hi shine nail paints

Hi everyone! 

Today I have a post about something which I'm sure you've all read about plenty of times already - the Barry M Gelly Hi Shine Nail Paints. I know lots of people have raved about these so I won't go on too much, but I just wanted to add my thoughts to the pile.

Barry M Gelly Hi Shine Nail Paints

I may have been too indecisive so just bought 5 colours..! In my defence, it was all on some sort of offer. 2 for 1 or something like that. So that's my excuse :) So these are some relatively new polishes from Barry M that are kind of a hybrid between normal and gel nail varnishes. They promise high shine without a topcoat in just one coat.
The colours I bought are: Lychee, Papaya, Prickly Pear, Greenberry and Grapefruit. I love the fruity names!

Barry M Gelly Hi Shine Nail Paints
L-R: Lychee, Papaya, Grapefruit, Prickly Pear, Greenberry

This photo is a bit more true to colour than the one above, I would say. I found application of these was really good. I did do two coats instead of one, most of the colours would have been fine without but Prickly Pear especially definitely needed an extra coat - I still think it looks a little washed out compared to the others. That being said, they all come out on the nail exactly like they look in the bottle, and I love all the colours so much! They are definitely right about the shine, it's really impressive and I purposely missed a topcoat so I can test out how that lasts. 24 hours later and so far, no change, and also no chips which is obviously good too. The formula is thicker than their normal polishes, and initially it felt like they would never dry, but then all of a sudden they all just went rock hard. Sometimes I feel like the original polishes dry fairly quickly but a few hours later if they get rubbed the whole nail could be ruined. So while these took a little longer to dry initially, once they did dry they were fine. I did these a couple of hours before going to bed, and they passed the bedsheet test with flying colours!

Ok, I said I wouldn't go on too much but Iseem to have managed to type quite a lot without realising, so I'll leave it there! Overall, it's safe to say I'm really impressed with this offering from Barry M, and so glad I went a bit crazy! These are £3.99 which is £1 more than the original formula, and I think it's totally worth it. I'm not sure I would buy any others just because I think I've bought all the colours that appealed to me, but maybe when Autumn/Winter comes around (so sorry for mentioning that!) I'll be more attracted to the darker colours, and at least I'll know I like the formula.

Have you tried any of these polishes yet? Do you like them as much as I do?

Hope you liked!

4 comments:

  1. I made the mistake of buying the dark purple shade, and I really don't like it, I just can't seem to get on with dark colours on my nails... maybe because I'm so pale and have short stubby nails! But all of these look gorgeous, and it wasn't the formula that was an issue (though I did find they peeled easily which was kind of annoying!)... so maybe I'll try some of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely agree, none of the dark colours appealed to me either. Though I've just seen a post about the new summer colours and I'm not sure my bank balance will be happy about it! x

      Delete
  2. Some of the prettiest colours have seen, they are so shiny and fresh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! A few days later and they are still going strong :)

      Delete

leave me a message :)