Wednesday, 22 May 2013

barry m nail art pen

Hi everyone!

Today I'm going to be posting about what I believe is a fairly new release from Barry M - a nail art pen.

Barry M Nail Art Pen

In all honesty I only bought this to make up the numbers to get money off when I bought the polishes in this post. I thought black would be the colour I'd get the most use out of. It took me a while to try it out, I've not done any nail art in a long time and I thought it was time to get back into it. Below are a couple of the looks I've done recently - you can definitely tell I've not done this in a while!

Barry M Nail Art Pen
Barry M Nail Art Pen

Once you get used to it I found the pen pretty easy to use, but it does take a bit of getting used to. I felt a bit hesitant about pressing as hard as you sometimes need to, for fear of ruining the polish underneath. But overall it's easy to use, although not quite as easy as an actual pen. I was half expecting it to be like a felt tip pen, but it's much more stiff than that - I guess it has to be to stop it drying out straight away. It's one of those pens that you have to push down a few times to get it working - I would definitely recommend having some paper or something like that nearby to do this on, as it's painful on the back of the hand!

There is one thing you should definitely be aware of though...

Barry M Nail Art Pen
Barry M Nail Art Pen

These pictures were taken about 3 or 4 days after the photo above, but the rubbing off started pretty much right away. I put a top coat on one hand and not on the other - I doubt I need to tell you which is which! So you absolutely need a top coat on this pen.

I hope I haven't seemed too negative so far because I do like this product. There is no streaking at all when applying the top coat, and once the top coat is on the pen seems to last as long as it needs to - I took the leopard off to do the zebra so I'm not sure how long it would have lasted. I don't know if I'd necessarily be interested in the other colours just because I don't know if I'd get much use out of them - the white could come in handly though.

These cost £4.99 which I think is very reasonable, I know Topshop do one which is a little more that I would assume works in a very similar way.

Have you tried these pens? What did you think?

Hope you liked!

5 comments:

  1. I'm surprised they come off without a top coat! I know it's not a liquid polish like Models Own nail art pens (that don't need top coat) but I would have thought they would have made it water and wear proof. Great review, think I'll be skipping on this one!

    Jade | JadeFungBlog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. totally, I was surprised too when I noticed! I could literally rub it off with my fingers, not ideal! glad you liked it :)

      Delete
  2. Your nails look frigging amazing! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh, thank you so much! :D x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your nails are incredible, wish mine looked that good! X

    ReplyDelete

leave me a message :)