Wednesday, 24 July 2013

long term loves

Hi everyone!

Today I wanted to post about some of the products I use that have been part of my routine for a long time now. Sort of a favourites post but more favourites over the space of a year (or more, in some cases).

Long Term Loves

MUA Palettes - I love these things! I pretty much never stray from neutral eye colours and these have every colour I could need. If I'm doing my eyes I will reach for one of these every time.

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - I've lost count of how many of these I've gone through. I have a post drafted all about this so I won't go into too much detail - and I'm sure you've read about it on just about every other beauty blog out there anyway!

Mac Hue Lipstick - Not much to say about this. Easy to wear, lovely colour, great formula, that's about it!

Real Techniques brushes - specifically the Buffing, Contour and Expert Face brushes, but I love the eye brushes too. I don't use anything else to apply my makeup, so these speak for themselves I think.

Mac Mocha Blush - In all honesty this is far from my favourite blusher that I own. However I wear it pretty much every week day (you can see it's well used!) because its just so easy to wear, inoffensive for everyday and looks fairly natural. For someone as pale as me, if I don't wear blusher I get asked if I'm ill, so this is a must have for me!

Long Term Loves

Batiste dry shampoo - I try not to need to use this too often, but on days where I do need it, I can't fault the Batiste range. I prefer the Tropical scent but currently have the Blush one on the go.

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish - this is either my 2nd or 3rd bottle of this. I just find it so easy to use, cleans my face and leaves it feeling soft rather than stripped. I love the smell for just before bed too.

Soap & Glory Clean on Me Shower Gel - This is actually the product that inspired this post. I realised I've been using this product for probably 2 and a half years now, almost exclusively! It's always included in the Christmas sets, and I often get another bottle separately, and then it's my birthday halfway through the year so I often get stocked up then. A 500ml bottle will last me probably somewhere between 3-4 months as a little goes a long way, so this works out great value too.

St Ives Apricot Scrub - I'm not often one for face scrubs so I admit I haven't tried that many, but of the ones I have tried this is my favourite. Smells good and I like how it feels on my face - not much more to say really!

Barry M Gelly Hi Shine Nail Paints

Barry M Nail Paints - The photo is of the Gelly versions but really this just represents any Barry M polish. I know some people have their complaints about the quality of these polishes but I've never had any problems. Their shade range is fantastic, always coming out with new releases and at such an affordable price. A huge portion of my collection is Barry M and for good reason :)

So those are a few of the products that have stayed in my routine for an extended amount of time. Do you have any recommendations of products you've stayed loyal to? I'd love to hear :)

Hope you liked!

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me a message :)