Wednesday, 10 July 2013

what i ate - spanish edition #2

Hi everyone!

Back again to show you all the yummy food I ate in Spain :) you can see part 1 here. Now for the food!

Spanish Food

Spanish Food

Spanish Food

These three photos are taken at a restaurant called Tutti Frutti in Altea - website here. I would say this place has earned itself title of my favourite place to eat in Spain! I loved it last year and loved the same dish again this year. If you go back to last year's post you can see they have changed it slightly, but it was still just as yummy! Dessert was apple strudel with a stack of watermelon which was also lovely :)

Spanish Food

Paella! Couldn't go to Spain without having a paella, and I really enjoyed this one. So much so I forgot to take a photo before we dug in! This is from a restaurant called Cap D'or in Moraira - TripAdvisor link here. The reviews aren't brilliant for this place but we really liked it.

Spanish Food

I believe this is sea bass, with some serrano ham and vegetables. This was also really tasty, from L'Almacera in Teulada. Run by a super friendly husband and wife team who come from England, they really make the restaurant what it is in my opinion. Website here.

Spanish Food

Spanish Food

Lunch at Ca Maria in Javea - link here. I had garlic cod (the stuff that looks like cheese on top is actually a garlicky sauce. It came with veg and potato, I love the way so many places serve potatoes in Spain. For some reason I wasn't expecting to like this but it was actually really nice!

Spanish Food

Spanish Food

Spanish Food

Grilled vegetables, swordfish and profiteroles at El Nido - TripAdvisor link here. Love this place, been so many times and it keeps us coming back!

Spanish Food

More grilled vegetables for a light meal, annoyingly I can't remember the name of this place but I just wanted to show you as I loved how they served the onions! This was super yummy :)

Spanish Food

Spanish Food

Spanish Food

For our last meal we went to Satari's - link here. I had sea bass, Bryn had a fancy folded crepe for dessert and then there's the star of the show - my dessert. Melon slices with mango sorbet, in a mint and ginger sauce with crystallised mint on top. Sounds simple but I think this is honestly the best dessert I have EVER eaten, it was amazing! Think I need to try to replicate this!

So that's all my food from Spain! I have to admit one of the things I look forward to the most when going on holiday is getting to try different foods and this year didn't disappoint at all, everything was lovely :) I miss it already!

Hope you liked!

4 comments:

  1. I'm off to Spain on Sunday and very much looking forward to the food! Definitely more excited after reading this post!!

    Jade | JadeFungBlog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope you have a great time, and enjoy all the food! :) x

      Delete
  2. this is making me so excited for my Spain trip! x

    ReplyDelete

leave me a message :)