Wednesday, 26 February 2014

rimmel stay matte powder

Hi everyone!

Another review today. This time I'm posting about my powder of choice at the moment, the Rimmel Stay Matte powder. I bought this product after seeing Tanya Burr rave about it multiple times (didn't we all?!). She's talked in the past about having oily skin which I have too, so I thought this would be worth a try.

rimmel stay matte powder

There are two words that I can use to sum up how I feel about this powder: it works. It does exactly what it says it will do, keeps my skin matte and also smooths my skin-tone out a little. Admittedly it doesn't last a full day - for me around 8:30 to 10pm - but I don't really expect it to last over 12 hours without touch-ups, especially with my very oily skin. I can either touch up during my lunch break, or just go through the day as normal and then get shiny in the evening - which is fine for most days anyway. I've found that although I'm not exactly light-handed on how much product I need to use each day, it doesn't look cakey and also one pan lasts me a good few months.

rimmel stay matte powder

The next challenge for this powder will be seeing how it holds up in summer - I first bought this in late September so it's mostly helped me through the colder months so far. I expect I won't be able to skip the lunchtime touch up, but other than that I don't foresee too many problems. 

I have already repurchased the product once or twice, and probably will keep doing so as I have no real reason to look elsewhere. In short, it helps my skin stay matte, and from a product with a name like that, I can't ask for much more. The powder is £3.99 from Boots here, and I would tend to wait and purchase it on 3 for 2 with some other essentials, which makes it even cheaper.

Have you tried this powder? Did you get on well with it? 

2 comments:

  1. This is still my favourite powder I've ever tried, beating MAC prep and prime and Chanel Les Beiges! It was my first powder when I started getting into makeup in my early teens and then after a few years of trying different ones here and there I'm now back on Rimmel Stay Matte. For such a good product the price is unbeatable!

    Jade | The Jade Aesthetic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to know! I haven't tried many high end powders so it's useful to know that there's not much point :)

      Delete

leave me a message :)