Wednesday, 19 February 2014

the body shop camomile sumptuous cleansing butter

Hi everyone!

I've been putting off writing this post for the longest time. I bought the Camomile Sumpuous Cleansing Butter back in October after seeing it on quite a few blogs. I took photos ready to blog about my own opinions of it, but I just haven't known what to write.

I finished the tub of it a few days ago, so if I didn't write this post now, I would throw the tub away and forget to ever do it. What I've decided to do is post about this purely as a makeup remover, and nothing else. I'll explain why later...

the body shop camomile sumptuous cleansing butter

So, as a makeup remover, I LOVE this product. I always make sure to wipe my face with a toner soaked cotton pad after cleansing, and when using this cleansing butter there is never anything on my cotton pad. It literally removes every piece of makeup on my face - no matter how heavy my eye makeup or how much mascara I have on - after using the butter, it's all gone. Now I don't review many skincare products because I don't really know what I'm talking about, so I won't go on, but I was just really impressed by how easily all of my makeup was removed. 

the body shop camomile sumptuous cleansing butter

I've never used a product anything like this before, always stuck to gels, creams and so on, so I didn't really know what to expect, but I'm so happy I tried this! It's a solid, oily product to start with, which melts almost straight away once you rub it onto your face. As it comes into contact with the skin, you can see all the makeup being... melted? dissolved? I don't know what exactly it does, but it does it well! Then I just rub it off with a warm flannel, and in a few swipes everything is gone.

Now the reason I hesitated about posting this, is because when it comes to skincare benefits, I really have no idea if this was any good for my skin. I definitely wouldn't say it made anything worse, but I just don't know if it actually did anything besides remove all my makeup. My skin is pretty troublesome so in an ideal world, this product would help with that. That being said, my skin felt hydrated after use, I never had any problems with it feeling tight or stripped once dried. I received the Emma Hardie cleansing balm that the blogging world raves about, so that's in the pipeline to be tried out. If I don't notice anything great with the EH balm, I will definitely repurchase this Body Shop one, because the makeup removal side is just so impressive.

If you are in the market for a really thorough makeup remover, I would 100% recommend this every time.

The cleansing butter costs £12 - here - which I think is reasonable enough anyway, but I bought this on a 30% off code or something like that, which TBS seem to email out fairly often. So that makes this even better value!

All in all, a bit of an inconclusive, rambly post. Sorry about that!

If you have any experiences with this product and how you got on with it, I would love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me a message :)