Wednesday, 2 April 2014

collection - volumising mascara

Hi everyone! 

Today I have a mascara to talk about. This mascara I saw on a blog/video and I can't for the life of me remember who was recommending it! But it sounded pretty good and at a price of only £4, I thought it was worth a try. I'm pretty glad I tried it out!

Collection Volumising Mascara
Collection Volumising Mascara

Sorry these aren't great photos, my camera was having trouble focusing. So as you can (hopefully) see, the brush is rubber rather than the normal bristles I tend to go for in mascaras, and the 'bristles' on this wand also seem to be shorter, for example compared to another mascara I've been using a lot - Rimmel Scandaleyes (review here). The Rimmel wand is much more of the typical wand style that I tend to like.

Collection Volumising Mascara

I have to admit, I don't think this mascara lives up to it's claims. I'm happy with how it performs for everyday use, but I definitely don't agree with the 10x volumising claims that are on the packaging. I think the Rimmel offering I reviewed a few months ago does a better job in that department. I also feel that this formula is maybe a little too wet - I have to be really careful when pulling the wand out of the tube, as some of the mascara can fly out when it comes out.

Overall I'm happy to use this mascara until it dries up (thinking about it now, maybe it will get better as it dries up?) but I don't think I'll be repurchasing, the price tag is good but I think there are better mascaras I could get. I was surprised not to like this much actually, as I've been pretty pleased with the rest of their range - a few of their products have been repurchased multiple times! I think my main problem is that from the claims, I was expecting more than what I got.

Sorry for the moany review! Have you tried this mascara?

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me a message :)