Wednesday, 6 August 2014

my mac makeover experience

Hi everyone!

Last week was a busy one for me, but a great one. I had a couple of days celebrating my birthday, and then it was two of my best friends' wedding. I hope to have more on that soon.
Last Tuesday I went to Cambridge with my mum for some lunch, shopping and wandering. One of the birthday presents I got the day before was an hour long MAC makeover. It's something I've mentioned to my mum before, but never been quite sure if I wanted to do. The timing was perfect though, with the wedding coming up - I did both my own makeup and the bride's - I took the opportunity to get a few tips and ideas.

MAC Makeover

I sat in the chair and explained to the makeup artist what I was looking for, what sort of makeup I usually wear, and so on. She then went off and chose the products she thought would be best, and we got started. Something I wasn't expecting but really liked, is that once she had done a step on one eye, she let me have a go on the other. I thought this was a really nice touch as it helped me learn skills rather than just watch them being done. After every step she checked I was happy and didn't want to change anything.

I do have a few photos to show you but they aren't great - one was taken by my mum in the shop but I clearly wasn't ready for it to be taken! And the others are taken a few hours later once I got home, on my phone. Sorry I couldn't get better photos.

MAC Makeover
MAC MakeoverMAC MakeoverMAC Makeover

On my face is:

Oil Control Lotion
Natural Radiance Primer in Radiant Pink
Studio Fix Fluid in NW10
Select Cover Up in NW15
Select Pressed Powder in NC15
Mystery Eyeshadow (brows)
Painterly Paint Pot
Showstopper Palette (Oh My Darling, Jest & Showstopper)
Rapid Black Liner
Splashproof Mascara on my bottom lashes (I have eyelash extensions on the top)
Mineralize Skinfinish in Medium Dark (used as bronzer)
Fleur Power Blusher
Soft & Gentle Mineralize Skinfinish
Prep & Prime Lip
Dervish Lip Pencil
Please Me Lipstick

Once the makeup was finished, the makeup artist then laid out in front of me everything that was used, and I got to choose what I wanted to take home. This was the hard part! On all MAC makeovers the price you pay is redeemable against products, which I think is really good. For me it was an hour, so that was £30. In the end I chose the Showstopper eyeshadow palette as I loved my eyes the most from the whole look. This was the same palette I ended up using the day of the wedding. I was also given samples of the foundation and primer which I thought was a lovely touch, as these are often products that you don't know if you want to buy until you have tried them out a little.

MAC Makeover

She also gave me this sheet with every product listed, and the products were actually used on the face sketch which I really liked, it was so handy to refer back to!

Overall I really enjoyed my experience, I think it was great timing but even so I would have loved it anyway. I would highly recommend getting one of these MAC makeovers, especially if you are looking to purchase items anyway, as a sort of 'try before you buy'. So a big thank you to Elly in the Cambridge MAC for a lovely birthday experience :)

Have you had one of these makeovers? Would you like to?

1 comment:

  1. oooooh Laura you look beautiful. What a great experience. You'll have to share some of your MAC knowledge with me ;o) x

    ReplyDelete

leave me a message :)