Wednesday, 13 August 2014

wood fen lodge spa

Hi everyone!

One of the other birthday gifts I got this year was a spa day that I went to with my mum on my actual birthday. I had such a lovely time that I wanted to post about it.

Wood Fen Lodge Spa

We went to Wood Fen Lodge which my mum actually found on Groupon, so we got a great deal. When we arrived we were given drinks straight away, and an explanation of how the day would go. They actually switched our day timings around a little from what we had originally booked, so that we would end up being more on our own rather than around lots of people, which I really appreciated. 

Wood Fen Lodge Spa

Wood Fen Lodge Spa

Wood Fen Lodge Spa

To start with we had a wander around the grounds a little - the spa is set in 4 acres of countryside so there is plenty to explore. We ended up relaxing on loungers in the sun while we waited for lunch. There was a pig who had 12 three week old piglets with her, which I loved! There was also a chill out room inside which we sat in for a while too. 

Lunch was soup and jacket potato which was simple but still tasty - all the food is made with home grown ingredients where possible which I think is a lovely touch - you can see the vegetables being grown when you explore.

Wood Fen Lodge Spa

Wood Fen Lodge Spa

Wood Fen Lodge Spa

Wood Fen Lodge Spa

After lunch, we were taken into the spa area. This is a separate building with a sauna, steam room, changing rooms, a relaxing area with seats and magazines, and a jacuzzi outside. As I mentioned earlier, they shifted the timings around so that me and mum were the only people in this area, which was really lovely. We spent time in each of the different areas, just relaxing, chatting and enjoying ourselves.

Wood Fen Lodge Spa

It was then time for our facials - I went first and I had a much better experience than I was expecting. I've had one facial before, at another spa, and it seemed to be over very quickly, nothing seemed tailored to me and nothing was really talked through with me - it just felt like they were getting through people as quickly as possible. This time felt the complete opposite. The facial was half an hour long, beforehand Catherine asked me how my skin was and any concerns I had, and at the end I was given a 'face mapping' sheet which showed the condition of the different areas of my face, which products she used on me, and any additional advice she had for me - namely to drink more water! I was really pleased with my facial and the tailored experience that I received.

All in all, I had a really lovely day, it was a great way to spend my birthday! Wood Fen Lodge have plans to expand in the future, one of which being to add in a pool which I think will be a great addition. I thoroughly recommend going there, and would love to go back, especially once there is a pool.

This is only the second spa I've ever been to, but I think I've caught the bug now! Which spas would you recommend?

1 comment:

  1. Oooh Laura you lucky lady sounds like you had a fab day. I love spas so if you need someone to go with ;o) xx

    ReplyDelete

leave me a message :)